Sunday, January 27, 2008

We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet


I didn't think I'd cry when President Gordon B. Hinckley would eventually pass away. But I did - on the phone with my sister when she told me the news just a few moments ago.

Here's the link to the Church news release.

Here's the link to BYU's tribute to Pres. Hinckley.


I love this Prophet for many reasons. I love that he knew how to manage the media. I love that he had a sense of humor. I love that he was real. I love that when he spoke it never sounded like self-righteousness or preaching - it was just him, having a conversation with me about how I could do a little better. I love that he and his lovely Marjorie were tiny people. I have relished every chance I had to listen to him while at BYU and reporting for KBYU/Newsnet. To be within mere steps of the Prophet made skipping classes, driving further... worth every moment. I'm sad that we have lost a great unifier, a great communicator, a great man. But I'm also thrilled that he can be lost in Marjorie's arms again. I don't want to sound disrespectful - and I don't think he'd mind... but they are seriously the cutest couple I've ever seen.


What do you remember about President Gordon B. Hinckley?

No comments: