Sunday, May 31, 2009

CONGRATS CLASS of 2009

Chase Bastian

What is your favorite memory from 12 years of school?
One of my proudest memories from high school is when I ran my fastest mile time ever. It was during my freshman year at our final track meet of the season. My time was 5 minutes and 20 seconds which had been my goal, so it felt great when I accomplished it.

What will you miss most about your family?
I will miss going to my Grandpa and Grandma Haag's house with my family and just hanging out. It's even better hanging out there when the cherries or apricots are on! I will also miss taking trips and going places with my Dad and brothers.

Where are you headed post-graduation?
I am headed to BYU in Provo for one year, and then I will serve a mission.

What are you most looking forward to?
I most look forward to meeting tons of people and having tons of fun at BYU.

What one word describes how you feel?
The word that best describes how I feel is EXCITED!

Bonnie and Stan Bastian

What has been your graduate's greatest accomplishment thus far?
Chase has achieved many things, but the one thing that stands out is the semester he spent in Mexico when he was 16 years old. It took tremendous courage to leave the comfort of our home and venture out into a foreign country. He lived with a Mexican family and learned more Spanish than we ever imagined he would.

What will you miss most about them?
I will miss many things about Chase but one small thing comes to mind: Chase is a big patron of public libraries. For years, he has regularly checked out materials from many different libraries. He has a card with the Boston Public Library as well as the San Francisco Library and others in between. Chase takes our younger children to the El Dorado Hills Library and gets childrens books for them. This is especially nice because he takes the responsibility of getting the books returned as well. His siblings and I will miss having those books around.

What do you hope for them now that high school is over?
Now that high school is over and Chase is leaving home for BYU, we hope he realizes how blessed he has been in his life thus far. We hope he continues to apply himself to his studies and that he is ready to serve a mission when he turns 19. His dad hopes he gets a mission call to Spain!

What one word describes your graduate?
The best word to describe Chase is RESPONSIBLE.


Riley Butler

What is your favorite memory from 12 years of school?
Starting home school and being able to get closer to people in my ward.

What will you miss most about your family?
I will miss how close we are. I will only have one sister with me.

Where are you headed post-graduation?
BYU-Idaho YAY!!!

What are you most looking forward to?
Having the college experience and meeting new people.


What one word describes how you feel?
READY


Alexis Garrett

What is your favorite memory from 12 years of school?
Meeting new friends and spending time with them.

What will you miss most about your family?
One of the many I will miss are our crazy conversations that we have. We talk about the weirdest, but best stuff.

Where are you headed post-graduation?
I’m headed to Provo, UT this summer, then BYU-Idaho for the fall.

What are you most looking forward to?
Ha, well at this moment my returning missionary, but besides that, starting my own life in Utah.

What one word describes how you feel?
Grateful


Lisa (Sr.) and Scott Garrett

What has been your graduate's greatest accomplishment thus far?
Alexis’ greatest accomplishment thus far is her testimony of the Savior.

What will you miss most about them?
As her parents, we will miss her engaging personality, big smile, generous heart, her singing, and her helpful nature.

What do you hope for them now that high school is over?
Our greatest hope for Alexis is to FLY GIRL, FLY! Alexis has what it takes to rock this world and make a difference with her family, her peers, and her connections to the world at large.

What one lesson would you like them to remember?
One lesson to remember—her self-awareness of her divine nature and that she is profoundly loved.

What one word describes your graduate?
STRONG.SMART.SPIRITED.STUNNING!


Jenna Jorgensen


What is your favorite memory from 12 years of school?
Meeting my best friend in 1st grade.

What will you miss most about your family?
Always having them there when I need them.

Where are you headed post-graduation?
Attending Southern Virginia University with my brother.

What are you most looking forward to?
Study Abroad.

What one word describes how you feel?
Enchanted.



Jay and Angela Jorgensen

What has been your graduate's greatest accomplishment thus far?
High school and seminary graduation after successful transition to ORHS from NJ as a junior


What will you miss most about them?
Long talks, sense of humor & style.

What do you hope for them now that high school is over?
Keep learning and progressing and be happy.

What one lesson would you like them to remember?
Power of prayer.

What one word describes your graduate?
Solid.


Mackenzie Newby

What is your favorite memory from 12 years of school?
Hanging out with friends.

What will you miss most about your family?
Going on family outings, and family night.

Where are you headed post-graduation?
To BYU-Idaho.

What are you most looking forward to?
Making new friends, and attending a school with people who share the same standards.

What one word describes how you feel?
Excited.


Carrie and Gene Newby

What has been your graduate's greatest accomplishment thus far?
Making it into BYU-Idaho.

What will you miss most about them?
I will miss Mackenzie's testimony.

What do you hope for them now that high school is over?
I hope that Mackenzie will be able to study hard and get good grades At BYU-I.

What one lesson would you like them to remember?
To keep her standards high.

What one word describes your graduate?
Spiritual


Chase Pearson

What is your favorite memory from 12 years of school?
My favorite memories will be of playing lacrosse.

What will you miss most about your family?
I'm not going off to school so I will still be here with my family.

Where are you headed post-graduation?
I'm headed to Folsom Lake College.

What are you most looking forward to?
I'm looking forward to the experience of going to college, first here and then later, another school somewhere else.

What one word describes how you feel?
The one word that describes how I feel is RELIEVED.

Julie and Cody Pearson

What has been your graduate's greatest accomplishment thus far?
Chase's greatest accomplishment was moving in the middle of his Freshman year of high school, from a town where he knew everyone to El Dorado Hills, and in a short time making it home. We are also proud of him for earning his Eagle Scout Award.

What will you miss most about them?
We won't miss him for a little while longer because he will stay home and go to Folsom. He is fun to have around.

What do you hope for them now that high school is over?
We hope that Chase will move ahead and do his very best at Folsom, enjoy his job, and prepare for his mission.

What one lesson would you like them to remember?
We want Chase to remember that hard work pays off and that we will always love him, and that he can turn to his Heavenly Father for direction in his life. That's three lessons to remember, but we couldn't narrow it down to just one.

What one word describes your graduate?
Friendly!

Editor's note: for the graduates that missed the print deadline - email svwardnewsletter at gmail dot com and we can still add you to the blog!

No comments: