Sunday, May 31, 2009

Relief Society

Participate in Sincere Prayer
by Carrie Newby, RS Second Counselor

This month our visiting teaching message is: Participate In Sincere Prayer. As I have read over this message several times these past couple of weeks I have thought about how blessed we are to have a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers. Is anything more comforting then to know that we are not alone,we can get down on our knees and offer our sincere prayers to Heavenly Father and he will listen!

Elder Bruce R. McConkie said: Prayers change our lives. I know that to be true. If we communicate with our Heavenly Father on a daily basis it truly can change our lives. "Through it we draw near to the Lord, and he reaches out his finger and touches us, so we never again are the same."

Elder Russell M. Nelson said in his talk in April General Conference : "Our prayers follow patterns and teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. He taught us how to pray.....At the close of Jesus Christ mortal mission, He prayed that His will-as the Beloved Son-might be swallowed up in the will of the Father. In that crucial hour the Savior cried, "Father,....not as I will ,but as thou wilt. So we should pray to God , "Thy will be done."

I have a deep testimony of the power of prayer, I have been so blessed in my life through the Lord answering my prayers. I know that God lives and Jesus is the Christ. I know that our Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers! It is my hope that throughout this next month we can "Participate In Sincere Prayer".

No comments: