
Over the last few weeks the Men of the Elders Quorum have had several opportunities to get together and share friendship, good food, and athletic activity together. It is very eye-opening to realize what a diverse group of Elders we have in the ward. On Tuesday night the 18th of March we had the final scheduled basketball game of the year. I am happy to report that we won by a large margin. Several of us had a hard time catching our breath and keeping up with the younger crowd, but luckily we had plenty of guys and could substitute often.
After these experiences I thought of the friendship and fellowship in the ward, and how important it is to share experiences together; to grow and establish relationships between each other. In the Doctrine and Covenants section 88 verse 133 we see how we should greet each other. “Art thou a brother or brethren? I salute you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ…in which covenant I receive you to fellowship, in a determination that is fixed, immovable, and unchangeable, to be your friend and brother through the grace of God in the bonds of love, to walk in all the commandments of God blameless in thanksgiving, forever and ever, Amen.”
It is important for us to be strong as friends, to be able to rely on each other not only on the spiritual level while at church but just as importantly in our normal regular life. How we should rely on each other to help when moving “which we are getting good at” to help when landscaping, or any of the regular things we all can use help with. I remember a great home teacher once spent a full day helping my family set up a play set. Can you ask for a better expression of caring and love? The savior said “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” I would suggest we also live for our friends, share experiences, offer help, ask for help and strengthen each other as an Elders quorum, as a ward, as a community.
Elders Quorum Presidency


No comments:
Post a Comment