Foodie Finds
I thought it might be nice to share a few of our favorite places to eat, and some of our favorite dishes. It’s also nice to know where would be kid friendly, and where would not. Below are places we’ve taken our kids to—we tend to enjoy eating out and love taking our girls with us. I think it’s important to teach our girls how to behave in all situations. I’m looking forward to seeing where you like to go and if you have enjoyed the places we like.
Fortune Garden
We love this place for take-out. It’s a hole in the wall—but the best Chinese we’ve found close to us that’s comparable to the Bay Area. We like the salt and pepper wings, pepper prawns, Malaysian beef fried rice, Singapore noodles, Thai chicken, and whatever they recommend.
Hemalayas
We are fans of Indian food. We love curries and spice. Some like it hot and we certainly do. Hemalayas is one that not only has good food, but the kind of ambiance that is a great environment to enjoy good food in. During the summer they have live music Thurs-Sat. They also have a lunch buffet I haven’t tried yet—might be a good way to dip your toe in if you haven’t tired it. If you’ve never tried Indian food—try the dishes mild and tikka masala and naan are always a good bet for first timers.
I love Teriyaki and Sushi
This place has the goofiest name—we make fun of it often. We’re not crazy about their sushi but we love their teriyaki kids meals for the girls and how it’s served. We also love their Chilean Sea Bass. It is better than any I’ve had, almost better than Straits Café in the Bay Area. We also like their Thai Chicken—which is so spicy you’ll cry it’s so good. Their miso soup is also perfectly seasoned. I like to ask for extra tofu.
A Maad Tea Party Café
It’s always nice to have a place where you go all the time that is consistently delicious. Kalea requests this place fairly frequently and it is fun to take the girls to tea for lunch. They are so proper and eat everything. I don’t think I’ll ever grow out of tea parties. We’ve tried nearly everything on the menu and it is all delicious. Since we drink the herbal teas the Red Bush and Spiced Plum are our “usuals”.
Nugget
You know you live in a small town when the big crowd to get smooshed around in is at the grand opening of a grocery store. One step in and you notice, Nugget is a food-lovers environment. Service is friendly, produce is fresh, and artistically displayed. They believe in tasting—so a stroll through there leaves your taste buds jumping. I love doing a necessary chore in a beautifully pleasing environment.
Scott’s Seafood
This is an old favorite. They have several locations throughout the Bay and so when we found there was one in Folsom we jumped to go. We like their Lobster Bisque and I love any white fish they recommend. The service is impeccable and it’s a business casual atmosphere. Great for lunch or a date night.


No comments:
Post a Comment